UPDATE: Thursday, 2nd April
UPDATE: Monday, 23rd March
COVID-19 Cromwell Polythene Business Continuity
- We are experiencing high levels of enquiries and orders
- Sales and administration teams are working from home where possible, with a minimum staff remaining office based
- Our manufacturing in the UK and overseas are maintaining full production
- Stock levels are good, although certain products are on allocation to cover regular customer requirements
- The warehouse team are operating normally
- To enable our warehouse and transport to operate as efficiently as possible, next day deliveries are suspended
- We will continue to maintain good hygiene standards and ensure delivery drivers have access to hand washing facilities
- Please see our website for updates
- All non-essential customer and supplier visits have been cancelled or will be conducted through Teams, or conference call.
- Site visits from contractors have been suspended.
What’s happening at Cromwell?
As you can imagine we are exceptionally busy at present, this could mean we could have some delays with our deliveries. Please bear with us during these unpredictable and worrying times.
- The health and wellbeing of our employees, and our business partners employees is a top priority for us, second to that we are determined to operate ‘business as usual’, and will continue to fulfil customer orders and deal with requests and queries, as required..
- We are supporting our staff as we continue to work as normally as possible, taking extra care and precautions to maintain a high standard of hygiene, following Public Health England and World Health Organisation guidance.
- Incoming goods delivery drivers are requested to keep contact with our warehouse staff to a minimum, and use the hand washing facilities and sanitizers made available.
- Cromwell delivery drivers are instructed to keep contact with customer staff to a minimum, use hand washing facilities where available, and in-cab hand sanitizers provided. We have made face masks available to all staff for use as appropriate.
- Our field sales team will keep direct customer contact to a minimum, with visits only being made by customer request.
- Our manufacturing and distribution channels continue to operate normally, with available capacity at all our factories including the UK.
- We are in daily contact with our supply partners in the Far East, Middle East, Europe, and the UK. Currently, all our manufacturing partners continue to operate as normal, including China, where factories affected by government imposed travel restrictions following Chinese New Year are now back in full production since the end of February. Supply chain disruption is minimal, even from China, and now catching up.
- Stock levels remain normal and replenishment orders are being fulfilled. We will continue to manage our stock by continuing to serve all customers with regular requirements whilst limiting ‘opportunity’ sales to sensible levels, taking into account on-going regular customer requirements and future stock availability.
- We will continue to monitor the situation, review our strategy as necessary, and encourage our customers to keep going in the style of ‘business as usual’ as far as possible. Should the situation develop such that we are unable to operate normally, our business continuity plan will be implemented to ensure we are able to continue with a level of service to our customers, as required.
If you would like to speak to one of our friendly team, please feel free to get in touch.