Who we are
Now in our 40th year of business, Cromwell (Polythene), Est 1983, is a proud, independent, family-run business, working within the waste management and recycling sectors. For 4 decades we have been committed to supplying products for the capture and containment of waste and recyclables, including refuse sacks, bin liners, compactor sacks, compostable liners, and much more.
With 40 years in business, comes a wealth of industry knowledge – our expert team has a wide and extensive understanding of topics such as sustainability, recycling, recovery, waste management, and environmentalism. We are founding CHSA Plastic Refuse Sack members, which allows for a quality guarantee for the products which we supply.
UK Manufacturing and Recycling
In January 2020, we expanded our service offerings with the acquisition of our UK Manufacturing and Recycling plant in Derbyshire. The site has increased the group’s capacity to recover and reprocess scrap polythene and also allowed us to offer UK Manufacturing of polythene bags, film, and packaging. Cromwell’s manufacturing team don’t just produce and deliver polythene; they develop and improve it. Whether it’s a brand-new packaging line that requires extensive trials, testing and technical advice or just simply being available to work alongside a customer to test new blends.
Cromwell: Our Mission
To be the most resourceful company in plastics, supplying products that help make the world cleaner, greener, and more resourceful.
Cromwell: Our Vision
To continue to…
• Supply products with the highest recycled content, that are recyclable, reusable, or compostable
• Minimise greenhouse gas emissions through efficient product design, packaging, and production
• Improve environmental credentials of operations and distribution
• Share knowledge and values with all our partners to promote resource efficiency
Cromwell: Our Values
• Quality – Consistently raising standards
• Integrity – Honest and ethical dealings with employees, customers, and suppliers
• Reliable – Committed to delivering our promises
• Environment – Consideration for the impact of our products and operations
• Innovation – Continuously improving performance and efficiency
• Family – Extending our family values to business partners and communities